Empowering Future Generations
Tips to help us make more conscious heartfelt decisions:
Here are some ways to save toys from dying in your landfill.
- Have a toy exchange party. This is a great alternative for birthdays and Christmas.
- Purchase new used toys from 2nd hand stores.
- Donate or pass down your unwanted toys to friends or relatives.
- Wait a week or two before buying a new toy from the store. You might change your mind by then and want something else.
- Box up all the toys you don’t play with and bring them back out in a month.
- Fix your broken toys. Paint them or build a new toy from all the broken ones.
- Use a lunch box instead of a paper lunch bag to school.
- Pack a reusable cloth napkin instead of a paper napkin.
Do you know how long each item lives buried in a landfill?